Moving and moving

After moving about a month ago, I think I’m finally beginning to settle in. I had family visiting for a week, too, so that was great. Being a homeowner is a slightly weird feeling, particularly when writing mortgage payment checks. But I can finally sleep at night without noisy neighbors! One of the toughest things is finding a new barber, let me tell you.

I changed webhosting, too, which was more of a headache than I expected. I’d been using Dixiesys for about 3 years, and they’re fantastic. Those same folks run 8-95, as well, and when 8-95 offered a 3-for-1 sale, I jumped at it. The only real difference between the two is a guaranteed uptime, which I don’t truly need. So I saved a little money there, while at the same time, bumping my bandwidth and storage capacity.

I’d like to see a Tellico release before Thanksgiving. I’ve got the z39.50 search working, though big searches still freeze the GUI more than I like. I need to polish a few more things before I put out a pre-release. Several people have emailed me about a crashing bug that seems tied to a race condition in Qt somewhere. I’ve refactored some of that code, so I hope I killed the bug. I was never able to reproduce it.

There’s a new media catalog program for GNOME called mCatalog, which uses Mono. While it looks rather snazzy, I’ve yet to get it to run. It insists on crashing at startup, and the crash message is less than informative. Maybe I just don’t have recent enough versions of the C# librairies on my Mandrake 10 box.