crashing problems with Bookcase

A couple of users have reported crashing problems with Bookcase. Problem is, the backtrace isn’t much help, it’s all in the Qt internals. And I can’t reproduce it – it happens on RedHat and Debian systems. I sent an email to the kde-devel list, and got very helpful replies from David Bishop and Andras Mantia. I changed the configure to do as David suggested and fail outright when libxslt or libxml2 is not found. I had just copied part of from the kdelibs themselves, without noticing that they’re optional. They’re required for Bookcase, so I changed the autoconf check.

Andras’ suggestion about subclassing KApplication may be something to pursue. I just can’t test it personally….sigh…