Nick Bradbury puts it well:
Learning XSLT wasn’t a whole lot of fun, either. It’s an odd language with unexpected omissions, bizarre rules and a learning curve that’s made steeper by unexpected “gotchas” – in other words, it’s just like every other language out there.
It was much the same for me with Tellico. I decided on XML as the underlying data type before I really thought about representing it in the UI. Then I read about XSLT, which could magically turn XML into HTML. At this point, I can’t say that I’ve completely gotten my head around XSLT, it still surprises me occasionally, but when I need to debug, I can generally pinpoint the problem area fairly quickly. And libxslt has pretty good error messages.
Having said that, XSLT 2.0 scares me. There’s still no open source, non-Java implementation, as far as I know. And after looking at parts of the spec, gee-whiz…
OK, there’s a bug in Tellico 1.1.2 that causes a crash when you export to HTML and overwrite an existing file. Just so it’s public and maybe I’ll get fewer emails about it. 😛
- Added pt_BR translation, thanks to Claudio Felix.
- Fixed HTML export to use relative links.
- Fixed layout problem in HTML export.
- Fixed bug with incorrect group counts.
- Fixed file saving to remember user permissions.
- Updated IMDb importer to get user rating and plot.
I’m not sure what I think about this. The names seems somewhat, ummm, different than normal. I mean, the rovers are named Spirit and Opportunity, neither of which is even close to any kind of mythology.
A huge step up from NASA administrator Mike Griffin’s ‘Apollo on steroids’ tag, the Crew Exploration Vehicle (CEV) has been christened ‘Altair’ – named after a variable double star in the constellation Aquila.