Tellico 1.1 is available. After several pre-releases, I’m confident most of the major bugs were fixed. Heh. As always, I make no guarantees with this software. Use at your own risk, backup your data, and don’t mix ketchup and mayonnaise. Changes since 1.0.3 include:
- Minimum versions bumped to KDE >=3.2 and QT >= 3.2.
- Images can be written to the application folder, instead of the
data file, which improves performance.
- Added file catalog collection type for tracking CD/DVD
- Existing entries can be updated automatically,
allowing data from multiple sources to be combined.
- New data sources, for Yahoo! Audio Search, SRU servers, IBS.it,
and AnimeNfo.com, were added.
- External scripts can now use various search criteria, not just
- Table editing was improved, with a right-click menu and column
labels. Maximum columns were increased to 10.
- New and modified entries are color-coded in the list view for
visual indication of their status.
- Entries with no cover image now have a better icon.
- Added GCfilms importer and exporter.
- Audio CD importing now reads CD-Text.
- Audio CD importing now reads track length.
- Bibtex citations can be copied to the clipboard.
- The z39.50 search can read MODS and GRS-1 formats.
- Added cancel button in the status bar for long tasks, such as
loading and importing.
- Added drag-n-drop for images from Mozilla Firefox.
- Added 3-column video report template.
- Changed Bibtex exporter to not add braces around capital
- Changed internet searching to allow custom fields to be added.
- Limited support for inserting citations in OpenOffice.org was added.
Changes since 1.1pre3 include:
- Documentation is now dual-licensed, under the GFDL and the FreeBSD Documentation License.
- The track length is now read from the CDDB importer.
- The MODS importer was relaxed slightly, to allow entries which might not have specified enough fields to qualify as a “book”.
- The z39.50 importer can do a simple parse of GRS-1 formatted output.
- External scripts can now output error messages to stderr which show up in a message box in Tellico.